Wednesday 27 November 2013

Beauty photo Booth, red carpet style


I love fashion and beauty photography, but it is hard work and very competitive. As a hobby I sometimes dabble in a bit of this photography to try new things and to see how I can further improve my photo booth. My friends daughter recently started a beauty blog and needed some photos for her blog, so I decided to set up a photo booth at her house and use fashion and beauty photography techniques and lighting. 

My main idea is I want to set up a beauty/fashion photo booth at events where people are really dressed up and want more elegant photos like the red carpet. 

So I'm constantly studying fashion photography, posing techniques, exploring different styles of editing and lighting set ups. My aim is, I want all the people in the photos to look like celebrity's. A lot of celebrity's are not natural at modelling/posing, over time they have learnt their best angles to quickly pose for the paparazzi on the red carpet or whilst out and about, hence why they have really beautiful photos. Of course lovely make up and styling  of their clothes play a big part but to take a really nice photo, you do really need to know how to pose in front of the camera and for many of us it doesn't come natural. I know I'm useless in front of the camera and now I'm practicing  posing techniques on my self so I'm able to better direct others. 

To show you what I'm talking about look at these before and after photos of celebs early in their career and now and you will see a big difference in how they posed in their photos. Confidence also plays a big part and the more confident you are it will show in your photo. 



Little Mix

You can see a clear difference in their photos from when they first started and now. 

Before 



After
The girls look much better here, more confident and each one working it for the paparazzi.



 Beyonce in her early days, she looks so different compared to now.



And now, look how beautiful the photo is and she looks more confident and better posed.



I firmly believe anybody can look really nice in their photos once they know how to pose to look their best and wear clothing they are comfortable in. When you look good, you feel good and you have to embrace it. You can see clearly from the before and afters how confident the girls look in their afters and have better posture. Even if you don't feel confident or you don't feel nice you can still learn your angles and position your body in that way to get the best photos and you will be surprised with the out come. My job as a photographer is to get the best out of you and make you feel comfortable and beautiful, once you are relaxed and get into it, it will start to flow naturally. 

Here is my friends daughter (in the black top) in her photo shoot, with her friend. The girls in the beginning were very shy then after a while they really got into it and took some really beautiful photos. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment